Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Review For Wings Of Fate!

With the release date for Wings of Fate fast approaching, I wanted to share a review that will be printed in the book from DM Underberg, a reviewer and one of the first readers of my novel.

“For it was in the heart of Canada that I found myself for the first time.  Even after falling from the sky, so to speak, into a world of secrets, seclusion, and mystery, I still found something I would keep forever.”
By the third paragraph I was well and truly intrigued by TM Hobbs’ “Wings of Fate”.  What began as a tantalizing mystery quickly became a sweetly romantic tale of survival and self-discovery threaded through with a delicious layer of supernatural mysticism that I was loathe to put down.  Filled with little gems of wisdom and small glimpses of a life connected to the natural world, readers young and old will appreciate the tale Ms. Hobbs has crafted around a secretive community of Northern Canada’s Woodland Cree people.
As Callie is told, “…there are many journeys that one must travel during their lifetime.  Each of these journeys leads us to a pinnacle in our lives, and from there we must learn the lesson life has stored for us and we must figure our own way out—or down if you will.  These journeys are what make us stronger and wiser.  This is a necessary process in each person’s life.”
By the end, I was pleased to have experienced a gentle and captivating story punctuated with beautifully insightful, poetic moments illustrating how “the beauty of life and love” can lead a daughter to her rightful place in the world by choosing to follow her heart, embrace the wings of fate, and learn the only real way to soar from your past into your future is by choice.
DM Undeberg

0 comments:

Post a Comment